Pages

Instagram

Tuesday 14 January 2014

A New Year and Conquering Fears.

Well, I've already broken one of my 2014 new year's resolutions. To upload a new post every Sunday or Monday evening. This was the main one, and the only one I expected to actually keep, however, copious amounts of homework and not enough time in the day to watch Gossip Girl episodes while balancing out college have seen to that.
I do apologise for the random 'New Year's' post in the middle of January but better late than never!

Ever since I was six years old I intended to keep a diary and write my thoughts and feelings in every day, that lasted until January 10th at the most. And every year until I was about 13, the number one resolution was 'get a boyfriend'. How embarrassing. Ever since I dropped that idea, the running theme with my resolutions seems to be conquering one fear each year.
In 2012 my new year's resolution was to conquer my fear of roller coasters. Just to say, I smashed that one by throwing myself in the deep end and going on an upside down, twisty, loopy, hanging from the track type of roller coaster. Twice. Consecutively.
As for 2013, towards the last months I decided to give up being early. I was always stupidly early which wasted a lot of time for myself. So even if it means procrastinating for 20 minutes longer rather than waiting around, then so be it. I am now either slightly early or just on time, although I have accidentally made myself late by trying not to be early.

And as for this year, I have quite a few.
  • Have a completely spontaneous, decent conversation with a Spanish person, in Spain.         
  • Learn to drive. (Or just have a few successful lessons) 
  • Become more independent in preparation for going to university). - Extend into 2015.
These three resolutions seem reasonably 'do-able' but we'll see.
And the fear I am forever trying to conquer is that of escalators. I never seem to get over that one but maybe this will be the year!

New year's resolutions are something everybody needs to try, as long as they're reasonable goals that you can actually stick to or tick off that list halfway through the year. Sometimes putting yourself out of that comfort zone can turn into something really great. So even if it is just a daring lip colour, a new nail trend you've been dying to try, or an outfit that you wouldn't usually wear. Do it!

I look forward to hearing your resolutions and fears you aim to conquer this year in the comments below!

Until next time! - Amelia x

8 comments:

  1. I know how hard it is to keep new years resolutions don't worry I've broke one of mine as well.
    thetomboyslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having driving lessons for a year and I'm still not good at it!
    Lovely post.

    BeautyInsideArt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll be in the same boat! I had three at the beginning of 2013 but I hated it! Hopefully you'll pass this year, good luck!
      Thankyou! x

      Delete
  3. A brilliant feel-good post. I feel newly inspired to take on my resolutions (they were beginning to fail slightly already!) I really agree with you on the comfort zone - it's so liberating doing something you thought you could never do. I recently had my hair cut quite short which sounds silly, but when you've had long hair your whole life it can be quite daunting! I was quite excited, and felt so liberated after. I need to think of something else I can do! Good luck with yours - the university one will serve you well!

    Natalie | Just a Thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and feel inspired! I know exactly what you mean with the hair thing, I had long hair and then in 2011 I had it chopped off, it's grown quite a bit since and I love it. My previous post is about my full fringe I got last month because I felt daring then too! It's such an amazing feeling, like the weight off your shoulders - literally!
      Thank you for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love this post. Don't know why but it vibrates positive things haha xxx

    funkydoris.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I hate escalators too. Horrible static electric shock-y things! But your resolutions are lovely, good luck with them all xxx

    The perks of being a hipster - Latest post: 6 People On Facebook Who Should Be Using Another Website!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your resolutions sound great. My New Year's resolution is to be more organized.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete