Pages

Instagram

Monday 30 December 2013

Out With A Bang!

At the beginning of December, after much deliberation with myself, poring over endless magazines, Google images of my (hair)style icons and staring wistfully at passers-by in the street with an amazing fringe - to those from the US, bangs - I decided to get my very own. I always get bored of my hairstyle after a while and then I make a drastic change to my hair (bob, ombré, colour) and I'm set for the next few months/years, especially as I hardly ever go to the hairdressers.
 
The decision was not an easy one. As a self-confessed weaslaphobe (Weaslaphobia - fear of hairdressers) I was terrified in case it didn't end up the way I wanted it, but as most of my decisions are made, irrationally, I confirmed the appointment on the Monday morning and the following Tuesday it was done.

When searching for my fringe inspiration, it seemed I could find hardly any pictures that I really liked. In the end, I took multiple pictures on my phone and asked for a mixture of all of them. My fringe ended up being based heavily on the fringes of Rose Byrne and Suki Waterhouse but from having it for almost a  month I can say it has definitely come into it's own, in the best way possible!
Rose Byrne
Suki Waterhouse

Since getting a fringe, I've noticed many celebrities have suddenly got one put in (faux and otherwise) - typical! And also, many of my friends/people I know have also been contemplating getting one. The only advice I can give to them is DO IT!
It may seem like the most useless piece of advice ever, but as long as you find the right hairdresser and they understand your face shape, the fringe type and can suggest different styling options or advise you otherwise then you will be in great hands. Slimming your face, changing your whole look and the endless styling options are all big advantages. It also keeps your face lovely and warm when the harshest of winter days roll in.


Dress - H&M


Until next time! - Amelia x

P.S apologies for the most random first post but when the words start rolling, there is no stopping!

4 comments:

  1. The fringe definitely suits you! I used to love my quite a lot but with the work I do (hospitality) it just isn't worth having because it causes more hassle then it's worth. Missing it so much though! Are you going to keep going to the hairdressers to get it trimmed or try and do it yourself?

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Oh I can imagine it wold get in the way! I am obsessed with it, as long as I blow dry my hair after the shower and straighten, it usually stays styled until I next need to wash my hair. Although I did have my first bad fringe day a couple of days ago - I slept with my hair wet! The hairdressers I got it cut at offer free fringe trims which is great! I do not trust myself using scissors on my hair!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your hair, suits you so much, this is so what I'm having my hair cut back to

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete